This post is a personal log of learning(s) from the Holy Gita. It is a simple archive of VALUE SYSTEM keys (daily reminders of sorts) that have helped me educate myself, keep me grounded and refresh my values from time to time. That’s Vuja De!
CHAPTER 3: ACTION
Summary: Action with
| WITH KNOWLEDGE : CONTROLLING YOUR SENSES : WITH SACRIFICE : GIVING IT YOUR BEST : NO ATTACHMENT |
- YOGA = ACTION
- TAKE ACTION EVERY DAY.
- Only acquiring knowledge/engaging in thoughts is for those who are involved/live in contemplation. YOGI’S PRACTICE ACTION EVERYDAY. Even if its in the mildest form.
- Contemplation is deep thought, planning, meditation, reflection, ambition or musings. No point living in contemplation. Take action every single day.
- FACE THE RESULTS – FEARLESSLY – GOOD OR BAD.
- Both will teach you – both are learnings. You will move to the next phase in life maturely.
- CONTROL YOUR SENSES – ACT WITHOUT ATTACHMENT
- DO YOUR DUTY (Better than inaction)
- EXERCISE – Form of action towards maintaining body
- PERFORM ACTION LIKE A “SACRIFICE” – Like arpanam to God <KARMA KAR DARIYA MEIN DAL>
- SACRIFICE – By this (sacrifice) you shall attain all things. Your sacrifice will satisfy the Gods. The Gods in turn will satisfy your needs. This mutual arrangement will get you the greatest good. Person who enjoys the fruits given by God constantly without any sacrifice will never be happy or attain the highest good.
- The pious who ensure they offer their food first to the Gods and then eat only what is left are said to perform sacrifice even while eating.
- Humans need food to keep going, which is dependent on rains. Rain is brought through sacrifice and sacrifice is done by doing the duties and rituals prescribed to oneself.
- Do your duty without the need for fruit (you will realize God this way). So gain and loss are similar to this man. So he doesn’t need PURPOSE to motive him into action.
- Whatever a great man does, the world follows. Whatever standards he sets, the world pursues.
- Take PROPER ACTION without any greed or attachment and the world will follow you.
- The wise should be responsible for the making the ignorant act in accordance with the duties prescribed. However the wise should not confuse or frighten the ignorant. Rather they should make them take delight in what they are doing.
- Anyone who practices submission with full faith without envy will be freed from all Karmic bindings.
- It is important not to come under the influence of the senses; THEY ARE OUR ENEMIES.
- One should act according to one’s own nature. Even if this appears faulty, this is better than doing something unnatural. It is better to die engaged in duties that are according to our nature because unnatural work only brings evil and danger.
- Arjuna asked: “What is the influence then that makes one act improperly forcing him against his will, O descendant of Vrsni?” The Lord of Sri said: It is the influence of lust, the Rajo-Guna, which finally transforms into greater anger. Like a great fire this is dangerous. Realise that this is your enemy.
- O son of Kunti, even the understanding of the wise and learned is covered by this great force in the form of lust, which has an insatiable appetite like fire.
- The senses are superior to objects, the mind is superior the senses, superior to the mind is the intellect. Superior even to the intellect is the Self.
// Om Vasudevaya Namaha //